Thursday 17 December 2009

How did you attract/address your audience?

I had attracted my targeted audience due to the imagery, quotes and offers that were shown on the front cover, contents and double page spread.

The front cover image of 'George Spurling' was a basic camera picture, but the effects I had used from photoshop allowed me to turn it in to something the reader could relate to and want to read the magazine. The images of TripHazard shown in the contents and double page spread made the reader feel they were actually at the gig they had done at Deyes High School. The photography effects allowed us to show what the fans would have witnessed if they were at the gig, but also make them feel part of what did happen on the night.

I didnt use any quotes on the front cover because i thought it would detract some attention away from the main image and sub-titles featuring other major bands. But in the contents page and double page spread, I did highlight a small portion of quotes I got from the interview with the band TripHazard, to entice the audience in to reading what I had to report and what the band had also said after their gig.
The offers like "free poster" is an advertisement to attract more people in to buying the magazine issue, so that the institution would make more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment